Mid-Sized All-Electric Machines, 247 to 562 U.S. tons
Models: SE220EV-A-HD, SE250EV-A-HD, SE280EV-A-HD, SE315EV-A-HD, SE350EV-A-HD, SE385EV-A-HD, SE450EV-A-HD and SE500EV-A-HD
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s new mid-sized, high-duty all-electric SEEV-A-HD Series of injection molding machines is available in 8 model sizes ranging from 247 to 562 U.S. tons. The series combines significantly increased specifications with advanced technologies resulting in a substantially different mid-sized machine series that:
- Brings the precision, productivity and profitability benefits of all-electric injection molding machine technology to applications with larger, heavier and more complex molds
- Efficiently handles higher injection requirements that would typically have been run on a hybrid or hydraulic machine
- Allows bigger parts to run on smaller machines
- “Meets or beats” specifications of other competitors’ next model size up all-electrics
Click here for SEEV-A model sizes from 34 to 202 U.S. tons.
A Unique Combination
What makes the SEEV-A-HD different from other mid-size machines is the unique combination of robust, best-in-class specifications with exclusive technologies that reduce injection and clamp force requirements. This combination is key to the SEEV-A-HD’s capability to compete with other manufacturers’ next model size up machines and to handle larger parts and molds with ease.
Specifications and Design Features
Increased specifications and modified and/or advanced design features can be found from end to end on the SEEV-A-HD:
- Tie bar spacing was increased an average of 8% in the traverse direction and 15% in the longitudinal direction compared with the predecessor SE-HDZ Series, and is the highest among machines of the same class. The square configuration of the tie bar spacing also allows molds to be loaded from the side.
- Bushing-free tie bars keep the mold area clean and free of grease
- The mold opening stroke is 25 mm wider than the SE-HDZ and the mold thickness range can be optionally extended 100 mm for all model sizes and 200 mm for some model sizes
- The ejector stroke is 220 mm for all model sizes, and is the largest among all machines of the same class
- A stronger, more rigid frame construction has increased the allowable maximum mold weight by an average of 22% compared with the SE-HDZ
- The new linear guidance system is supplied as a standard feature to ensure that even heavy molds open and close smoothly and parallelism is maintained
- The improved Double Center Press Platen (DCPP) design further reduces surface pressure inconsistencies inside the mold by 15%
- The Clamp Force Feedback Control system automatically compensates for any thermal expansion of the mold
- The series is available with larger injection units with higher duty motors and drives capable of higher and longer peak injection pressures. Hold pressures, up to 33,359 psi (2345 kgf/cm2) exactly match injection pressures, and all models are equipped to deliver full power for up to 40% of the cycle.
- For added application flexibility, an optional high-duty filling specification for thin-wall products raises the maximum injection speed to 220 mm/s
- A greater choice of screw diameters is provided including large diameter screws up to 90 mm (dependent on injection unit size)
- The high-contact-force (nozzle touch) system, with selectable settings of 4.5, 5.6 and 6.7 tons, is equal to a hydraulic or hybrid machine and ensures compatibility with various mold types (hot runner, cold runner, floating sprue bushings, etc.)
- NC-10 control improved with wider viewing angle and increased touchscreen sensitivity
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Exclusive Technologies
Sumitomo Demag exclusive technologies that are used in the SEEV-A-HD include:
- A new technology called S-MOVE that replaces multi-step mold open/close speed settings with an optimized speed pattern that is both smoother and 15% faster. This, combined with exceptionally fast clamp open/close speeds up to 56.6 in/s (1438 mm/s), can significantly shorten cycle times.
- Z-Molding’s Flow Front Control (FFC) system that achieves complete and balanced filling with reduced injection pressure. FFC takes advantage of the energy in the flow front of the resin to complete filling in an even fashion as opposed to forcing material into open areas and thus flashing the areas that were already filled.
- Z-Molding’s Minimum Clamping Molding (MCM) system that reduces clamp force requirements and ensures optimized venting of gases and flash-free molding. MCM allows the machine to automatically detect the minimum point at which the mold halves are completely parallel and defines the threshold where flash-free molding can occur and the optimum point at which the best cavity venting exists.
- Z-Molding’s Simple Process Setting (SPS) system that provides fast, guided setup, ease of use and machine optimization
Rapid Return on Investment
Molders will experience a rapid return on investment (ROI) with the SEEV-A-HD due to the application flexibility, the ability to run larger molds on smaller machines and the overall productivity of the series. Productivity factors contributing to the rapid ROI include:
- Significant energy savings due to exceptionally energy-efficient, low-inertia motors and low-friction design improvements
- Reduced water and grease use
- Faster start-up
- Reduced scrap
- Faster cycle times
- Reduced downtime
- Quick mold change
- Minimized preventive maintenance
- Ability for unmanned and lights out operation
The SEEV-A-HD is backed by a comprehensive Customer Satisfaction Program with Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s standard-setting warranty program, worry-free parts, responsive field service and financing availability – plus advantages such as expert processing assistance.
Please use the SEEV-A-HD Info links below for more information about this series of high-precision all-electric injection molding machines.
→ In Stock