Ultra-high-speed hybrid series for packaging, caps & closures and other thin-wall applications
El-Exis SP Models: 150/500, 200/560, 250/630, 300/720, 350/820, 420/820, 450/920, 580/1020, 750/1120 and 800/1120
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s El-Exis SP (Speed-Performance) is the ultra-high-speed hybrid series of injection molding machines that redefines high productivity for packaging and other thin-wall applications requiring high injection speeds, ultra-fast cycling and exceptional precision.
Available in model sizes from 169 to 882 U.S. tons, the El-Exis SP has been designed for high-speed production of applications such as thin-wall food packaging, closures for beverages, cartridges, plant pots and buckets. Taking a “best of both worlds” approach to injection molding, the hybrid series combines speed and performance with:
- Ultra-high-speed injection via hydraulic accumulator and servo-valve
- Energy-efficient electric screw drive for maximum plasticizing capacity and melt homogeneity, and a clamping unit with AC servo drive and hydrostatic transmission for fast, energy-efficient mold open/close
Some of the design improvements for the Speed-Performance series include:
- Up to 30% more energy-efficient operation than other high-speed hybrid designs
- 30% increase in injection speed over predecessor El-Exis S model, achieving up to 1000 mm/sec dependent on configuration
- 25 millisecond acceleration from 0 to an injection speed of 800 mm/s
- A position-regulated servo valve in combination with a high-resolution path measuring system that supports precise and rapid deceleration
- Expanded opening stroke for models 330 U.S. tons and above to meet requirements for molding deeper containers such as buckets
- The NC5 plus control which has been redesigned with unique functions for high-speed operation and optimization of energy use
Please use the El-Exis SP Info Links below for more information about this series of ultra-high-speed plastic injection molding machines.
EL-EXIS SP INFO LINKS
→ In Stock