Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. offers their customers products in the field of processing of plastics, in particular in the field of injection molding machines. Safety and protection of personal data is an important aspect of customer support.
Section 1 — General Information about the Collection and Use of Personal Data
(1) Personal information is information that identifies you (e.g. your name) or information that makes you identifiable (e.g. your address, phone number, IP address, or user behavior).
(2) Personal data is collected and used by us, as necessary, to provide a functional and user-friendly website, as well as to offer our content and services. For various services, which may be accessible through this website, it is necessary that you provide us with certain personal data (e.g. when you use a contact form or register for training courses). Otherwise, we will not be able to provide this service through our website. Your data is always processed on the basis of the relevant legal provisions, about which we will inform you in more detail in what follows.
(3) If we use contracted (external) service providers for individual functions of our website or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 2 — Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
(1) Data Controller referred to in Art. 4 No. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc.
410 Horizon Dr., Suite 200, Suwanee, GA 30024
(2) You can contact our data protection officer at:
Mailing address: Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc., 11792 Alameda Dr., Strongsville, OH 44149, Attn.: Data Protection Officer.
Section 3 — Your Rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding your personal data:
– Right to information (Art. 15 of the GDPR)
– Right to rectification (Art. 16 of the GDPR)
– Right to deletion (Art. 17 of the GDPR)
– Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 of the GDPR)
– Right to data portability (Art. 20 of the GDPR)
– Right to appeal (right of appeal, Art. 21 of the GDPR)
With regard to your right of appeal, the following applies:
Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of a balance of interests (legal basis, Art. 6 para. 1 letter f of the GDPR), you may, for reasons that may arise from your particular situation, at any time file an objection against the processing of your personal data.
Your data is processed on the basis of a balance of interests (legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 letter f of the GDPR) in particular if the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we present in the following description. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
You also have the right to withdraw your data protection declaration of consent with effect for the future at any time. The respective data will then be deleted immediately. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of any processing undertaken on the basis of this consent before its withdrawal.
Should this apply, please send your cancellation stating your full name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of deletion, a restriction of processing may apply in cases provided by law.
Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis at any time.
You can inform us of your advertising objection by sending an email to: email@example.com.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data (Art. 77 of the GDPR).
Section 4 — Collection and Use of Personal Data When Visiting Our Website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e., if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you access our website, you (for reasons of technical necessity) transmit data to our hosting and service provider via your internet browser.
The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the GDPR.
Through processing we pursue the interest of showing you our website, in particular to ensure the stable presentation and safe accessibility.
The following data is captured during an ongoing connection for communication between your internet browser and our web server:
Content of the request (specific page)
Information regarding the browser type, language and version used
- Your operating system
- Your IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Websites that are accessed by your system via our website
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transmitted
This data will be deleted if the purpose of the processing does not apply, unless there are retention periods provided by law, otherwise, as long as storage is required by law.
(2) If you use our website to contact us or to register for training via an input mask, we will collect the personal data from you which you provide during use.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) and Art. 6 para. 1 letter b) of the GDPR.
When you contact us via email or via a contact form, the data you provide (your email address, name, and, if applicable, your telephone number) will be stored by us to answer your questions. You alone decide whether you wish to disclose your personal data, for example, when you send us an inquiry, etc. We will delete the data collected in this context after its storage is no longer required, or otherwise limit its further processing if we are required by law to continue retaining it. Even after achievement of purpose or if the purpose no longer exists, it is possible that we have to store your data if so provided by European or national laws, ordinances or other regulations or contracts. The data is deleted at the latest after expiration of this period.
Our legitimate interest in processing is that we are striving to process your requests to our company to your satisfaction.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect and use various types of information on our website, including the following:
Cookies. In some instances, our website and its pages use so-called “cookies.” We also allow our third-party service providers to set cookies for their services. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other device and stored by your browser. Some of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies.” They are automatically deleted after you leave our site. Other cookies will remain archived on your device until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognize your browser the next time you visit our website. Some cookies are placed by third parties that appear on our pages. You can learn more about cookies here.
Server log files. We and our third-party service providers collect server log files, including the type and version of the browser used, the operating system used, the referrer URL, the hostname of the accessing computer or other device, the time of the server inquiry and the IP address, on our website.
Purpose of Using Your Personal Data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Improving user experience on our website and for our services;
- Analytics of our website;
- Compiling statistics about the usage of our website or services; and
- Other activities related to the above.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We will process your personal data only when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will process your personal data on the following bases.
- Cookies collected by Google Analytics: Consent. We may process your personal data on the basis of your consent that you provide to us.
- Other personal data: Legitimate interests. This is where processing of your data is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
How Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
The following third-party providers may have access to the personal data collected by us.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We will retain your personal data as long as it is needed for each specified purpose of use. An appropriate retention period for personal data will be established according to each purpose, taking into account the need to protect your data. We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than two years. We will delete your personal data at the expiration of the retention period.
Cross Border Transfer of Your Personal Data
Personal data and other information collected by our partners may be transferred to and stored on their computers and servers located outside the countries where such partners are located. When it comes to data transfer to the United States, Google LLC complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data when it is transferred to the United States.
Rights to Control Your Personal Data
(a) Right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction
Regarding the processing of personal data, you have the following rights:
- Request from us access to your personal data pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR
- Request from us rectification of your personal data pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR
- Request from us erasure of your personal data pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR
- Request from us restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 of the GDPR
(b) Right to data portability
You have the right to data portability where the processing of personal data concerning you is based on Art. 6(1)(a) or (b) of the GDPR and the processing is carried out by automated means, pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR.
(c) Right to object
You have the right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation to the processing of personal data concerning you that is based on Art. 6(1)(e) or (f) of the GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions pursuant to Art. 21(1) of the GDPR.
Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing pursuant to Art. 21(2) of the GDPR.
(d) Right to withdraw consent
Where the processing is based on your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) of the GDPR), you have the right to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
(e) Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 57(1)(f) of the GDPR.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc., 11792 Alameda Dr., Strongsville, OH 44149
Section 6 — Data and IT Security
During your website visit, we support the highest security encryption set by your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved to meet state-of-the-art requirements.
Section 7 — Links to Other Websites