High-Speed, Multi-Shot/Multi-Material All-Electrics
Models: SE230HS-CI and SE280HS-CI
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s double-shot SEHS-CI Series of all-electric injection molding machines sets a new standard for high-profitability multi-shot/multi-material molding with high speeds and exceptional precision, energy efficiency, versatility and ease of use. It combines Sumitomo’s advanced all-electric motor technology found on the high-speed SE-HSZ Series with two injection units and a high-speed, high-accuracy rotating plate.
The SEHS-CI is offered in two model sizes: the SE230HS-CI (253 U.S. tons) and the SE280HS-CI (308 U.S. tons). Designed with flexibility for a wide range of double-shot applications, the SEHS-CI:
- Has a wide mold space that accommodates existing single-shot molds or integrated double-shot molds
- Is available with a choice of injection units, screw diameters and screw types for shot sizes ranging from 2.9 to 10.7 ounces
- Delivers high injection speeds (300 mm/sec) and high pressures (up to 41,248 psi)
Other features of the high-speed SEHS-CI all-electric injection molding machines include:
- 180° mold plate rotation in 0.8 seconds (compared with a typical 2.0 seconds, this achieves a 1.2 second reduction in cycle time)
- Faster mold open and close speeds of 1300 mm/sec (51.2 in./sec)
- Easy-to-use, PC-based N-9 controller with full SPC and QC capabilities
- Double Center Press Platen (DCPP) design that ensures superior surface pressure balance throughout the central surface area of the double-shot mold(s)
- A patent-pending, closed-loop clamp-force correcting system that uses a tie-bar mounted clamp-force sensor
The SEHS-CI is backed by a comprehensive Customer Satisfaction Program with Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s standard-setting warranty program, worry-free parts, responsive field service and financing availability — plus advantages such as expert processing assistance.
Please use the SEHS-CI Info links below for more information about this series of multi-shot/multi-material all-electric injection molding machines.
SE-HSCI INFO LINKS