Direct-Drive All-Electrics, 8 U.S. Tons
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s SE7M Series direct-drive all-electric injection molding machines were developed for micro-molding applications requiring the highest levels of precision (extremely tight dimensional tolerances) and exceptional productivity (high yield, multi-cavity, etc.).
Like the SE-DUZ and SEEV-A Series, the SE7M features four direct-drive, Sumitomo AC servo motors with full closed-loop control and digital sensors. Plasticizing, injection, clamping and ejection are controlled by these motors, and each motion except plasticizing uses a ball screw. All four motors are beltless, providing superior mechanical efficiency, repeatability and durability, and avoiding the problems associated with belt adjustment and dust.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s advanced direct-drive motor technology employs a lighter, compact, low-inertia design that:
- Provides the speeds, pressures and torque for the most demanding applications
- Draws power only as it is needed
- Is easier and faster to stop and start
- Provides exceptional precision and repeatability
Specialized features of the SE7M include:
- The SK-II, the industry’s most advanced injection control, is available to help molders achieve the highest levels of injection fill precision and peak pressure stability. (Control software standard; screw tip optional.)
- Algorithm and software for the servo control that achieves faster response and improved stability
- Injection speeds up to 300 mm/sec and injection and hold pressures up to 28,426 psi
- Synchro-plast control mode for resins with low viscosity or uneven pellet size. In this mode, control of both the screw position and back pressure are optimized, ensuring plasticizing stability.
- Flash speed mode that provides fast response control of velocity and pressure, before and after V/P switchover. It is used to prevent short shots and warp from over-packing.
- Wider distance between tie bars to load larger, multi-cavity molds and 3-plate molds
- CPP (Center Press Platen) clamp design for improved force distribution, elimination of short-shot and flash problems, and improved mold protection
- Multi-toggle clamp force control with two modes: a high-cycle mode in which filling can begin during clamping for improved cycle time; and a gas-release mode in which filling can begin during low-pressure clamping for improved part quality
- Clamp open/close speeds to 1000 mm/sec
- High-speed, multi-action ejector operation including ejector operation during mold close
- Easy-to-use control system with 10.4-inch touch-panel color LCD and full SPC and QC capabilities
The SE7M is backed by a comprehensive Customer Satisfaction Program with Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s standard-setting warranty program, worry-free parts, responsive field service and financing availability – plus advantages such as expert processing assistance.
Please use the SE7M Info links for more information about this new series of direct-drive all-electric micro-molding machines.