To enable exceptionally fast mold open close speeds of 51.2 in/sec (1300mm/sec), Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s SE-HSZ high-speed all-electric injection molding machines are equipped with advanced direct-drive motor technology for clamp operation. The high-speed, high-response capabilities of the direct drive motor, combined with the high-rigidity design of the mold clamping mechanism, ensure years of trouble-free operation that is remarkably fast, quiet and smooth (low vibration).
The motors used for both clamp and ejector operation are digitally controlled AC servo motors. Precision clamping and superior mold protection are achieved with full, closed-loop control of mold open/close velocity and position.
The SE-HSZ also has five-stage mold open/close speed control and ramping for:
- Optimization of mold open/close profiles for fast cycles with shock-free movement
- Reduced cycles for 3-plate and slide-core molds
In addition, the SE-HSZ is equipped with innovative features that reduce clamp force requirements, ensure clamp force stability, provide improved force distribution and mold protection, and even allow molds to run on smaller machines:
- Z-Molding’s Minimum Clamping Molding (MCM) System that determines the minimum force required at mold touch. Using this system can avoid excessive clamp force which can result in mold deformation and poor release of gases.
- A unique clamping force correcting system that uses a sensor on the tie bar (strain gauge) that measures actual clamp tonnage and ensures constantly stable clamping force
- Double Center Press Platen design that ensures superior surface pressure balance even in the center surface area of the mold
- High-precision mold height adjustment using a highly precise rotary encoder
Features of the SE-HSZ supporting fast, easy mold changeovers include the increased distance between tie bars, simple (digital remote) clamp force adjustment, increased space for tie-in of ejector rods and a selectable nozzle position for purging.
Multi-toggle clamp force control, a standard feature on the SE-HSZ, offers two modes: a high-cycle mode in which filling can begin during clamping for improved cycle time; and a gas-release mode in which filling can begin during low-pressure clamping for improved part quality.
For optimum life of the ball screws, toggle pins and tie bar bushings, the SE-HSZ is equipped with a highly reliable, automatic grease supply through a valve-type progressive distribution system. This system uses an externally mounted pump unit with easy-to-load grease cartridges that can be changed without interrupting machine operation. Additionally, the grease level is monitored via sensor, and the machine shuts down automatically if the grease level becomes too low.
Please use the SE-HSZ Info Links below for more information about this series of mid-size all-electric injection molding machines.
SE-HSZ INFO LINKS