Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s mid-sized high-speed SE-HSZ all-electric injection molding machine uses two Sumitomo-built AC servo motors with full closed-loop control and digital sensors for the injection unit.
The motor for injection on the SE-HSZ is a direct-drive (beltless) motor. This advanced motor technology, field proven on the SED/SE-DU Series, features a lighter, more compact, low inertia design that delivers significant advantages:
- Higher injection power (torque) and velocity. With injection speeds now raised to 13.8 in/sec (350mm/sec), and injection pressures up to 42,185 psi (2950 kgf/cm2), the SE-HSZ provides the performance capabilities for the most demanding applications.
- Faster velocity response, unaffected by belt elasticity. Well-suited for thin-wall parts, the high-speed injection combined with a velocity response of 25 milliseconds avoids temperature differences that can cause part deformation or warping.
- Unerring velocity control from .01 mm/sec to the maximum velocity for superior precision and repeatability
Sumitomo’s extensive experience in designing and manufacturing electric motors ensures that each machine configuration has the absolute best combination of motors to ensure superior performance (the right amount of torque) while keeping the machine reasonably sized and priced. For example, the C900L injection unit employs a single axis direct drive motor, whereas the C1250 and C1700 motors have two, large-load capacity ball screws (dual axis) to ensure efficient power transmission and durability while keeping the size compact.
Working together with Sumitomo Demag’s Z-Molding capabilities, the SE-HSZ delivers improved precision with low-pressure filling. Z-Molding’s patent-pending Flow Front Control (FFC) System optimizes the flow front, further allowing control of low internal pressures inside the cavities. This system:
- Takes advantage of the viscoelastic properties of the resin — visco (creep) and elasticity (recovery or pull back) — and allows complete filling without flash
- Provides precision control of screw position to ensure consistent filling, shot-to-shot
- Avoids overfilling, allowing gases to be released and preventing short shots
Other advantages of the SE-HSZ Series injection unit include:
- 10 modes or ramps of filling speed and hold pressure response that allow the operator to precisely set the plasticizing acceleration and deceleration response
- Unerring injection velocity control and exceptional velocity response are provided by the use of direct digital control
- Programmable ramping of the velocity and excellent linearity from low- to high-range velocities allows precision molding of diverse applications
- High-contact force nozzle touch system comparable to that of a hydraulic clamp machine
- Flash Speed Mode which provides fast response control of velocity and pressure, before and after V/P switchover, to prevent short shots and warp from over-packing
- Synchronized Plasticizing Mode, for resins with low viscosity or uneven pellet size, that provides optimized control of both screw position and back pressure, ensuring plasticizing stability
- Low-shear, low-temperature SM screw
Please use the SE-HSZ Info Links below for more information about this series of mid-size all-electric injection molding machines.
SE-HSZ INFO LINKS