High-Speed Multi-Shot/Multi-Material All-Electrics
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s high-speed double-shot SEHS-CI all-electric injection molding machines are designed with a high-speed, high-accuracy rotary plate in the clamping unit. The rotary plate design enables the use of existing single-shot molds or integrated double-shot molds for significant flexibility and cost savings.
The exceptionally fast rotary plate system achieves 180° rotation in 0.8 seconds. Compared with a typical 2.0-second rotation time, this achieves a 1.2-second reduction in cycle time.
Another feature of the SEHS-CI Series that supports fast cycle times is fast clamp open/close speeds of 1300 mm/second (51.18 in/sec).
The SEHS-CI’s Double Center Press Platen design ensures superior surface pressure balance throughout the central surface area of the double-shot mold(s). It also:
- Can reduce clamp force requirements by 20-30%, which combined with the wide mold space often allows molds to be run on smaller machines
- Reduces platen deflection and provides improved mold and core-pin protection
- Prevents flash and short-shot molding
Other clamp unit features of the SEHS-CI include:
- Sumitomo’s advanced direct-drive all-electric motor technology for clamping
- A unique clamping force correcting system that uses a sensor on the tie bar (strain gauge) that measures actual clamp tonnage
- A highly reliable, automatic grease supply through a valve-type progressive distribution system that uses easy-to-load grease cartridges that can be changed on-the-fly
Please use the SEHS-CI Info links below for more information about this series of multi-shot/multi-material all-electric injection molding machines.
SE-HSCI INFO LINKS